Update: While Purab awarded me the virtual Filmfare Award. Our 1st runner up was the girl with the pub hopping story. She actually saw Purab during the Janmashtami celebration. She’s now following him on twitter as he suggested. Our 2nd runner up was the boy with the filmy story of how Purab came to the city as a struggler. You can still make up a fairy tale and leave it in the comments section. :D
Purab Kohli (the cute one from Hip Hip Hurray and the adorable one from Rock On!) loves to run contests on twitter. And I diligently attempt to answer them.
A friend was curious as to how I know him.
So, of course, in classic Purab style, we ran another contest.
Make up a fairytale. How does Dhruvi (me) know Purab Kohli?
Following are some of the clichéd, weird and hilarious responses.
- One of the first responses was simply 3 words: Hip Hip Hurray! (via Mansi)
- Another one was: “I think she finds him cute and stalked him back home.” (via Manjari)
- This one was classic: “She must have interviewed him for Filmfare at some point.” (via Ruchika)
- A little imaginative: “They met at a party, dated for a while, fell out and now just know of each other.” (via Vandana)
- The fully dramatic one: “When Purab Kohli first came to Bombay as a struggling actor, he befriended Dhruvi and then maintained the friendship for her filmy connections.” (via Achint)
- Oh, so melodramatic: “They were buddies, friends since childhood, fell apart with time and saw each other years later at a party. They fell in love. They are now secretly dating.” (via Yesha)
- These thoughts came randomly: “They were both dining separately at a restaurant. He didn’t recognize her. She was club hopping. At the third club, he spoke to her and said he recognized her from the restaurant.” (via Manchal) – this one was Purab’s favourite.
- This one was sweet: “She met him in Wonderland.” (via Sahil)
After all that build up, Purab thought the original story was quite dry.
But I didn’t think so. Perhaps, one of my favourite necklaces could be the reason. I was wearing this for the shoot and he decided we should make up stories to distract ourselves from focusing on the photographer.
So what is the story?
My version: A photo shoot. She was styling him. He was smiling at another girl. She looked on. He sang, ‘I will survive’. And just like that, <3 happened.
His response: “Supa!! And the Filmfare goes to… Dhan te nan… !!
That’s how it appeared in the magazine:
You can also read it online here
So, we were coordinating a makeover feature for the magazine.
Purab Kohli was our celebrity guest. We were styling for the shoot. And he was really very sweet. Doesn’t he look so cute as a Trekkie?
I hope you enjoyed the post. Fairy tales and makeovers are a lot of fun. You want one? You know what you have to do right?